Monday, March 18, 2013

I've said it once, I'll say it again, the r-word IT HURTS!

http://alisonrowan.bigcartel.com/

I totally missed posting something about 3/6/13 being Spread the Word to End the Word day! As many of you know, I absolutely can't stand it when someone says the word "ret@rded".

It hurts, it plan old hurts... I understand when people say that they have the freedom of speech, but guess what, it doesn't mean that it's right, it's wrong...

Again today, just like when I posted a while back when an old friend of mine posted something on Facebook using the r-word, I wrote a post that you can read here.

WELL, today another old friend of mine posted something using the r-word and again rather than calling them out on it, I hope that they may read this and begin to understand what hearing that word does to me and other parents & family members that have someone we love that has Down syndrome and other intellectual & developmental disabilities. Not to mention the fact that when Joey gets older, he will understand that word and what it means and how much it hurts....

Our community is so lucky and blessed to have so many self advocates that stand up for themselves and individuals that are not able to speak up for themselves. And Eddie Barbanell who stared alongside with Johnny Knoxville are featured in this video and how they feel about the r-word.


1 comment:

  1. Just when I thought I couldn’t love you more, you did that. Thank you for being so amazing! To get more information ed pills online from Buying ED Drugs Online.

    ReplyDelete