Thursday, December 13, 2012

Medjugorje & Joey's Miracle

About two months ago, a group of my friends from church made the pilgrimage to Medjugorje where the Blessed Virgin Mary has been appearing to a group of  6 school aged children starting June 24, 1981 and still appear to them to this day. More 1 million people visit the site where the Blessed Mother appeared. You can learn more about Megjugorje here

When I found out that my friends were making a trip there, I jumped at the chance to send a prayer intention with them for Joey. The number one thing more than ANYTHING I want for him is to talk. I would give anything to hear "mommy" come out of his mouth. 

About one week after they returned from their journey, I got a note sent home from Joey's teacher saying that he said "hi." I kind of brushed it off and thought nothing of it. A few days later, I said "hi Joey," and he put his hand to his mouth and made the sound an "h" and then waved to me!! My heart jumped for joy! After 6 1/2 years of being non-verbal, I heard the first verbal attempt out of my son EVER besides grunts, growls and laughter! 

I waited a little bit and said, "Joey say hi", he looked at me and did it again!! This time, my eyes filled with tears of joy! A few days later, after hearing him say it, I took him to church and low and behold he said "hi" and waved to our priest who was one of the people that went to Medjugorje. I could see the look of joy in Father's eyes when he heard Joey. 

Since then, Joey has also been excelling in school and is even starting occasionally going to the bathroom on the toilet (being potty trained is also something I pray will happen with Joey someday!). 

I truly believe our wonderful Blessed Mother has interceded with Joey! 


Hail Mary, full of grace, 
the Lord is with thee, 
blessed art thou amongst women 
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. 
Holy Mary Mother of God, 
pray for us sinners now 
and at the hour of our death. 
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I am jumping for you with you, Jessica, I am praying for the exact same thing for Christina! Thank you Momma Mary!

    ReplyDelete