Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One of my favorites, Spritz Cookies!

Another one of the tasty desserts I used to make with my mother as a child was Spritz Cookies using a cookie press. Just like with the fudge, I decided to let Leah in on the fun this year! This week, I'll be a handful of goodies for my husband to take into his office to give to his co-workers.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, vanilla. Then beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixture then stir in the rest (although I'm always able to get it with the mixer)
  2. Force unchilled dough through a cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 
  3. Decorate with decorative sugar or sprinkles.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes until the edges are firm not brown, although if your oven is like mine, they're done at 7!!! Then transfer to a wire and let cool.




shhhhh, I just noticed the edges of this batch did get a little brown, LOL!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment