Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!


This year, I have so many people and things to be thankful for... 

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband, Patrick, all of his hard work and dedication to us is truly amazing. He works so hard to provide for us! I'm so proud of him to starting up his own business and being successful!! 

I'm thankful all three of my beautiful children, Joey, Leah & Aiden. I am beyond blessed to be their mother!!! 

I'm thankful that Joey's health is doing so much better (besides this recent colitis attack he's having). It was a year ago last week I handed him over to the surgeon during his emergency bowel obstruction and we spent the 9 days in the hospital.

I'm thankful for my very supportive parents, even though we're 12 hours apart, I know they're both just a phone call away. 

I'm thankful for my mother in law and father in law. They're amazing people. My mother in law lends her helpful hands to babysit our kids when needed, especially when I have to take Joey to any of his doctor appointments. 

I'm thankful for my sister finding us in July. Our family has waited 35 years to meet her. She is an amazing and brave woman for finding the strength and courage to have her birth records open. I've thanked God every day since July for the opportunity to now have a big sister (and a big thank you to St. Anthony as well!).

I'm thankful for my big brother. Growing up he was my rock. He was (and still) always there when I needed him. He was a wonderful role model and did so many fun things with me. 

I'm thankful for all of my sister in laws and brother in laws. You guys all rock!! 

I'm thankful for my grandma, aunts, uncles & cousins. I wish we were home in Ohio to celebrate Thanksgiving with you all. 

I'm thankful to have a roof over our heads. I love our house (although a larger kitchen  another bathroom would be awesome, LOL!) and our neighborhood.

I'm thankful for coupons (that may sound crazy to some of you...). Through couponing, I have been able to provide many extra things for my family that I might not have been able to otherwise. It's such an awesome feeling to be able to go down into our basement and have so many items in our stockpile at my fingertips that I don't have to run out to the store & get. 

I'm thankful to have met so many awesome fellow moms that also have children with Down syndrome and autism. Though thick and thin we have all been there for each other in time of need. If it's advice, encouragement, humor, a simple hug, and true friendships, we're always there for each other. 

I'm thankful to have finally found the church I can now call home. I love our parish and the entire congregation so much. I have met so many amazing friends and I'm honored to have met them all. 

I'm thankful for our Blessed Mother. I turn to her everyday. Through saying the rosary to myself, I have been finding the strength lately to deal with stressful situations more gracefully. 

Lastly, I'm thankful for God, he is my rock and salvation. God is Great!!! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 100


Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands! 

Serve the Lord with gladness! 

Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord is God! 
It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, 
and his courts with praise! 
Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good; 
his steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment