Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Couponing Tip: Find your stock up price for everything!


Another tip I have for those of you that really want to get into couponing is to have a stock up price for items when you go to buy them. Now that I have my stockpile in our house, I only buy things when they're on sale, I have a coupon for them, and they're at the "stock up" price.

Obviously anything I can get for free, even if I don't need it, I get it. I either give it to a family member or friend that can use it or I donate it to our church.

Things that I get for free that I will never buy again as long as I'm couponing:

  • Toothpaste
  • Toothbrushes
  • Deodorant
  • Body wash
  • Lotion
  • Shampoo/ conditioner
  • Air freshener

A few good examples of stock up prices for me:

  • Paper towels $.35 a roll or less
  • Toilet paper $.01 per sq ft or below
  • Tissues/ Kleenex $.30
  • Name brand household cleaners $.99
  • Laundry detergent (Purex or Ajax) $.99
  • Ziplock bags $.50 a box
  • Diapers/ Pull Ups (Huggies) $4 per pack 
  • Shaving cream/ gel $.25
  • Mouthwash $.75
  • Ketchup $.88
  • Mustard $.40
  • Cereal $.50 
  • Salsa $.50
  • Coffee creamer $.40
  • Greek Yogurt $.40



1 comment: