Saturday, January 26, 2013

DIY: Sweetheart candy wall hanging

Leah has been complaining that we don't have nearly enough Valentine's Day decorations, aka we don't have  enough hearts throughout our house right now, LOL!! I had seen a similar DIY project on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl since it look super easy!!

I went to Micheal's and bought plain wooden hearts, pastel acrylic paints, and pretty ribbon.

I painted each heart a different color like sweetheart candies you find in the stores this time of the year. Then I went on the computer and typed out each of our names in a larger font. Then I carefully cut each letter out then lightly traced  them each on the hearts with a pencil. After that I used a red paint pen (you could also use a red sharpie) to color in each of names.

After that I thought that they needed a little something extra so I took some clear glitter paint and added a coat on top of each of them. Then I used a hot glue gun to attach each of the hearts to the ribbon.

I'm so happy with the way this project turned out and I think Leah is too!!





No comments:

Post a Comment