Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DIY Taco Seasoning

Lately I've been all about making things from scratch even our seasonings. I have been backing away from store bought seasoning packages, my husband and Joey are both on gluten free diets so you never know when there might be gluten used as a anti-caking ingredient or even color. Also because of all the added sodium!

A while back, I found a recipe for taco seasoning, tried it and LOVED it! It tastes so much better than the ones you buy in the store! Not to mention, in the long run, it's A LOT cheaper!

Just mix together:

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
I also saved an empty spice jar and store it in there until I'm ready to use it :)





*I usually triple my batches to have extra for the next few taco nights



No comments:

Post a Comment