Saturday, January 26, 2013

Homemade Buttermilk Recipe


Even though I had heard in the past that you could make your own buttermilk, for some reason it never registered for me to give it a try, LOL!! I can't even count the number of recipes I've passed up making just because it called for buttermilk! Yesterday, while talking to my mom about wanting to make my Great Grandma's coffee cake but not being able to make it simply because I didn't have any buttermilk.

Thankfully my mom reminded me that I could make my own buttermilk and it's so incredibly easy to make and it's cheaper than buying a carton of buttermilk from the store!!!


Homemade Buttermilk

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Just pop it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes then it's ready to use!! 


Thanks mom!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. I needed some for a recipe and didn't feel like running out to the store. Worked out great!

    ReplyDelete