Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crock-pot Chili

We woke up this morning to about 6 inches of snow on the ground, so I knew today is the PERFECT day for chili!! Growing up, one of my favorite dinners that my mom made was chili! My mom always added sliced carrots, and celery to her chili as well and sometimes corn. I would have added the carrots to mine but to my disappointment, I'm out.


Over the past few years, I've tweaked her recipe a bit, but still reminds me of my mom's. And she always did hers on the stove, LOL!

And to make this meal even better, it freezes very well! I typically take the majority of the leftovers and make myself single serving sized microwavable bowls to freeze for future lunches!!

Crock-pot Chili:

  • 1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced in garlic press
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar (more if you like a sweeter chili)
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 can  Ro*tel® Diced Tomatoes 
  • 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 can kidney beans




  1. Cook ground beef on stove until browned. 
  2. Drain and rinse kidney beans.
  3. Mince garlic and chop up onion.
  4. Combine all ingredients and let cook in crock-pot until ready. (I usually do mine on low all day)




No comments:

Post a Comment